3.19.2010

Picking Up My Slack



Here are some pictures of St. Patrick's Day...

LAST YEAR!












For some reason I completely dropped the ball on St. Patrick's Day this year.
We all wore green but that was the extent of it.

No tinsel shamrocks 'round the house.

No Corned Beef simmering in the crock-pot.
No once annual cabbage preparation.

And worst of all, no green tinted milk.
I think I have dyed every dinner ingredient green - every year since I've been married...
So lame of me...


-BUT-

We had a surprise St. Patrick's Day treat delivered from our friends.

And although it was simple-
it sure made the day here for the kids!




If inhaling cookies becomes an Olympic sport,
I have a few kids that would like to try and qualify.



Thanks for picking up my slack!

5 comments:

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

you know what is the funny thing? I think most of the people that I know forgot or didn't celebrate San Patrick's day that they used to. I bought t-shirt last year to wear them for the holiday and TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT IT! You at least had pictures from last year I don't even know what is all the fuss about that day. Shame on me right?

i declare! charms said...

Well Liney- you and i certainly balance each other out. I have never done one single thing to celebrate st. patricks day one day of my entire married life. Lame of ME!

Carina said...

Pretty sure we agreed to keep these just between us. :)

Austin: said...

How fun! I still don't get into the spirit of things...but my kids would love it! Thanks for the good ideas!!!

Elisabeth said...

You're cute, I'm glad you guys liked the cookies, that was the extent of our St Patricks day celebrations, we did wear green... I think...